FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT (February 2020)
For your safety and the safety of other patrons of the campsite please adhere to the following fire regulations:
- Fire Extinguishers are located at the top, middle and bottom of the park in the red boxes by the track. Additional fire extinguishers are in the office and in the open barn together with a fire blanket and sand buckets. There is a sand bucket at the entrance to the main toilets.
- Water taps can be found at the top of the main camping park by the shower block and near the bottom of the park near the track.
- Should any guests smell gas from their unit or neighbouring units please inform the park staff immediately. We have available resources and emergency plans to deal with this.
- Please note that only persons over 18 years old are permitted to use bbqs, fire pits and gas cookers at Brook Lodge Farm Camping & Caravan Park.
- Change gas cylinders outdoors or in a well-ventilated area and away from tents, caravans and gazebos. Never smoke whilst changing your gas.
- Only change gas cylinders when they’re completely empty and store them away from caravans and vehicles.
- Keep cooking appliances away from the tent walls as they could easily set alight. Bbqs or fire pits are not allowed inside tents, awnings or any vehicle or caravan.
- Don’t cook near flammable materials or long grass, they can set alight easily. Bbqs are not permitted on the grass. We have bricks located near the electric hook-up points to put bbqs on and for hot pans.
- Fire pits are not allowed unless previous permission being given by a staff member. Please do not take fire wood from the woods surrounding the park.
- Please make sure all electrical heaters and gas is switched off when you are out for the day.
- The electrical hook up supply is 6/10 amps. Should the system fail please remove the plug and use another free socket available. A member of staff should be informed when possible.
- What to do if there is a fire? Keep calm and get everyone out as quickly as you can. Please go to the fire assemble point located in front of the reception/office area or by the main entrance gates if your pitch is in the lower paddock. Fire wardens will be identified with high visibility vests. They give you any additional instructions.
- Please let staff members know during your booking if you believe that a family member or a friend may need any additional help or personal emergency evacuation plan (PEEP). A PEEP is a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan. It is a bespoke ‘escape plan’ for individuals who may not be able to reach an ultimate place of safety unaided or within a satisfactory period of time in the event of any emergency.