Bristol family-run country camping, glamping & touring caravan park, established 1957
Brook Lodge Farm dates from the 1730s and is situated in the historic hamlet of Cowslip Green, the home of Hannah More. The park is perfectly situated as a touring centre on the A38 and offers easy access to the historic maritime city of Bristol, the famous World Heritage city of Bath, Wells, Glastonbury & the Mendip Hills. The area is considered by historians worldwide to be a heritage site of considerable significance. John Locke, a philosopher, statesman and writer of much of the American Constitution was born in Wrington, 1 mile from Cowslip Green.
The babbling stream winds its way along five acres of grass park, sheltered by mature native trees, with an abundance of flowers and wildlife. Trout fishing can be found at the world famous Blagdon Lake which is 2 miles away. It is an area for walking, birdwatching and cycling through the labyrinth of country lanes.
We support local conservation groups and Brook Lodge is constantly reviewing & implementing new ways to improve the environment of the park in all aspects to protect and increase the flora & fauna that we are lucky enough to have here. For example, we have invested in the construction of the wildlife corridor in 2002, bat boxes, tree conservation area, recycling point, solar water heating, 20sqm of solar panels in 2011. This improves our immediate environment, reducing our carbon footprint and enables us to sustainably welcome visitors from all around the world to stay at this unique West Country camping, glamping & caravan park.
Our dedication to the environment and sustainable, ethical camping sets us apart from other campsites near Bristol and has been rewarded with the AA Campsite Gold Award 2017, VisitEngland 4 Star Holiday, Camping & Touring Park Award, FairTrade Business Award 2017, Green Tourism Gold Award, plus a host of other awards.
Our Environmental and Social Responsibility Policy
At Brook Lodge Farm we are committed to protecting and enhancing the environment, local prosperity and social equity. Our small family run rural camping park has operated for over 41 years and in that time our aim has been to provide a high quality accommodation service supporting fair trading and encouraging visitors to our area, so as to secure the future existence of our tiny hamlet Cowslip Green, and at the same time help our visitors to enjoy the unique Mendip countryside and surrounding area.
Our vision is:
“To continue investing in the future for future generations to enjoy as we have done”
- REDUCE our carbon footprint through the use of low power lighting, P.I.R. switches and timers, low power hand dryers and heaters. Solar tubes for water heating, power generation with solar panels, all consumption bought through green tariff.
- REDUCE land fill waste by recycling paper, tin, glass, plastic, food , batteries, buying 5 litre cleaning liquids and refilling, using foam soap.
- REDUCE road miles by employing local or live in staff, buy supplies in bulk.
- REDUCE water consumption by reduced pressure on all taps.
- PROMOTE Fair Trade products/services, along with full support and membership with Tourism Concern, Green Tourism Business Scheme and Wwoof UK.
- PROMOTE the use of bicycles through our lending service and free route maps.
- PROMOTE walking with free maps, use of our new local bus service, car free routes provided.
- RESPECT the environment by only using and selling environmentally friendly and recycled products.
- SUPPORT the local and wider community by advertising local services and activities, creation of links with other businesses/charities/volunteers & local apprenticeship schemes.
- ENCOURAGE visitor participation by means of social networking sites www.facebook.com/brooklodgefarm, www.twitter.com/brook_farm, wildlife monitoring & visitor payback scheme all which subsequently educates.
- COMMIT to continuous improvement of sustainability and provide guests with an up to date quality experience by networking through relevant forums, groups, training courses for staff, monitoring of wildlife and natural resources, entering awards.
Help us to:
- REDUCE WASTE – turn off all taps when not in use, recycle all refuse and put in correct containers.
- RESPECT – the natural environment at Brook Lodge Farm by respecting the wildlife, and “no go” zones in the park which can change with the seasons to protect flowers, nesting birds etc
- PARTICIPATE – in our vision of investing in the future through sharing news, wildlife recording, pictures/feedback to us directly, joining our Facebook page & Twitter